Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: D.C. - Capital of the Dwarven Republic - Megaproject  (Read 3724 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Re: D.C. - Capital of the Dwarven Republic - Megaproject
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 10:20:49 pm »

Mm.. Thanks.

I'm assuming I'd have to restart for it to take effect, right?
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 06:55:56 pm »

I decided to say screw the restart, and continued building stuff. The Reflecting pool is 100% done. Just need to fill it with water, which it's winter and gotta wait for an unthaw.

I'm about 5 Z-levels up on the Washington Monument. I expanded the monument to 9x9 since it felt a more appropriate size.

I'm setting up the base of the Tholtig Memorial.

Pics when I'm further along with the Monument.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »

*nudge*

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 06:37:58 pm »

Sorry, the project is on hold for the moment.

Dealing with life.

Money comes before Dwarves! Sadly enough. =/

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:39 pm »

Dude.  This looks freaking awesome.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:38 am »

Okay, okay. I know I have been busy with work and stuff, so I haven't had proper time to work on this mega project.

But I did some stuff tonight. I got the Washington Monument to 10/20 z-levels, so it's halfway done. Filled up the reflecting pool, I'll cross it off the list, and I've started construction on Lincoln Tholtig's Memorial. I'm going to leave the ground level hollow, as the monument will be 1 level above ground. The ground level (Inside the monument) will serve as the best barracks ever.

Since I've been accosted by Rhesuses Macaques, I've gone about drafting some people for defense. Wisconsin, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Maine are all now part of the National Militia.

I'll work on it a bit more before heading to bed. I'll try to put in a little effort every day after work. xP Cause I know some people are pumped to see this finished. 

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2010, 01:30:55 am »

So are you gonna build a giant statue of Tholtig sitting on a throne with a warhammer leaning against the side? :D Cause that would be awesome

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 01:35:39 am »

I'm going to attempt to. But it may be difficult due to size restrictions. I already have the size of the monument planned out, I just am unsure how to scale the statue itself. Possibly just build the statue really freaking huge, and have it 'appear' or break through the roof, as a symbol of Dwarven courage..? I'll work on it later. I just want to get the base taken care of first.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 01:06:18 pm »

Sounds awesome.

Btw, yes the display case mod does require regen...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]