Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fey Mood and can't find stone?  (Read 2481 times)

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fey Mood and can't find stone?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 07:13:13 pm »

Is he locked in his workshop with doors for example? Or, he may be blocked. I had this bug today - my broker started spamming for office, when he had already 3x better office than he should have. Well, wtf? I checked this closer. Little fella was somehow trapped in Kennels, and couldn't go out. Removing them solved problem. Actually, thanks to him being noble and spamming, I could saw problem. If he would be some normal guy, he could die of thirst/hunger :x

And also, my tanner claimed today leatherworker's shop, not tanner one.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »

Actually, I was referring to the behavior of a dwarf asking for something like "metal bars, wood logs, wood logs, rough gems, wood logs" - in 40d, the dwarf would collect 1 metal bar, 3 wood logs, then 1 rough gem, while in 0.31 the dwarf would collect 1 metal bar, 2 wood logs, 1 rough gem, and then the 3rd wood log.

weird, did not know that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 07:41:22 pm »

Since I loaded the latest version 0.31.13 I've had two fey moods. One was a Tanner and he developed melancholy and died of thirst. There wasn't a Tanner shop but we built him one and got some hides but he never took over the shop.
No fey mood ever uses a tanner's shop. He wanted a craftsdwarfshop unless he had some other moodable skill.

By the way, you're sure it was "rock" and not "rock bars" that the 2nd guy wanted?

He wanted a leather works.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 08:03:33 pm »

The announcements are long gone but I thought he wanted "stone".
He may have wanted blocks instead of raw stone then.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Larry421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »

The announcements are long gone but I thought he wanted "stone".
He may have wanted blocks instead of raw stone then.

This. Or a particular type of stone, or particular type of stone block. Once the item is available they'll run over and grab it, if it's just been mined or produced. Doesn't need to be stockpiled, just as long as it's not forbidden.
Sometimes strange moods take a bit of detective work between [Q]uerying the building for what they want, checking the building i[T]ems for what they already have, and [V]iewing the dwarf's preferences for what they would likely need (silk cloth or rope reed, instead of pig tail, for instance)

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »

I've now had three moods in that mason workshop and the dwarf only takes stone that is in a stockpile. I don't know if it is a bug but it is my observation.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 07:37:09 pm »

Had you designated a large quantity of constructions using the loose stone? Did you have a whole bunch of stone stockpiles that hadn't yet been filled?

Your loose stone may have been tasked, in which case your moody dwarf wouldn't have been able to touch it, though even after mining out a single tile, a moody dwarf should be able to claim it before any other tasks grab it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:15 am »

They take jewels from the jewel stockpile and metal from the metal stockpile skipping the stone in the halls. In between the moods, the shop is up and running and using the stone in the halls. They are making lots of masterpieces because of all the moods using the mason workshop. I've now made a small stone stockpile next to the mason shop to prevent any more massacres.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:42 am »

Tanner = Leatherworks, been stated before but oh well.

The only time i've had trouble with a mood wanting something specific and not mentioning it i believe it was gems. I had a guy sit in a workshop until he went crazy surrounded by blocks, leather, wood, and rough gems, all unforbidden, none with pending tasks like moving to a stockpile or anything, and no burrows at all. He ignored them all and just went crazy. It's happened a few times and the only connection i can ever make between them is they all want rough gems.

[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 05:40:32 am »

The only time i've had trouble with a mood wanting something specific and not mentioning it i believe it was gems. I had a guy sit in a workshop until he went crazy surrounded by blocks, leather, wood, and rough gems, all unforbidden, none with pending tasks like moving to a stockpile or anything, and no burrows at all. He ignored them all and just went crazy. It's happened a few times and the only connection i can ever make between them is they all want rough gems.
He may have wanted cut gems instead of rough gems. Best to have both around.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]