Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Village liason doing nothing. ver 33d  (Read 753 times)

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
Village liason doing nothing. ver 33d
« on: December 06, 2007, 01:47:00 am »

I posted about this here first assuming I was doing something wrong but other people are telling me the same thing happened to them after reaching the village status and that this is probably a bug so I'm posting this again here.

Basically when the village liaison first arrived at my fort instead of going to nag my current mayor it went to the meting area and there he is now doing nothing. I emptied the schedule of my mayor to free time to see him but he never starts the "Conduct meting" job even being on the "no job" status for a long time.

version is 33d by the way.

You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Durnheist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Village liason doing nothing. ver 33d
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »

I have the same exact problem.  The liason went straight to the meeting area.  The mayor has no job, his office is accessible and assigned to him, and the liason just stands in the meeting area.  I tried turning off the meeting area, but that didn't seem to fix it.  33d also.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:26:00 pm »

I had the same problem starting in B and carrying on to D ( Didn't play C as it was too buggy ) I had assumed it was because I changed mayors around the same time he came. He sat there for 3 or 4 years until I got sick of him, channeled the floor he was on and drowned him. Next season the humans sent a diplomat heheh.

Durnheist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:24:00 pm »

I'll add that I have never changed mayors or brokers, the office has always been the same one, and I've conducted a couple meetings with the previous liaison in that same office before.  (The previous liaison died leaving the map in a siege, I'm unsure if this at all relates though).  I've also conducted meetings with human representatives in that same office.  This liaison is a town liaison, I'm unsure if the previous was or was not.  I sustained pretty significant casualties from a goblin siege one year, so I wonder if a population flux has anything to do with this.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:16:00 am »

Same bug happened to me - it worked fine until one year he randomly decided to piss out in my meeting hall.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

Does somebody have a save sometime after such a liaison arrived?  The closer to the arrival time the better.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »

Here's a winter save just after the caravan left. The liaison is still there.

link (rapidshare)

Here's the autumn save before the caravan arrival. I hope it triggers the bug.

link (rapidshare)

[ December 07, 2007: Message edited by: Zemat ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »

Okay, I've downloaded it and will take a look at some point.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

Okay, this is fixed for the next version.  There was a backlog of complaining dwarves and even after they'd forgotten their complaints they lingered in the meeting queue.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

I guess I should have given dwarves newer clothes on time...

On the other hand even if I deselected all jobs for the mayor he always found something else to do as an excuse instead of conducting meetings.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 08:17:00 pm »

Do meetings get messed up if the mayor is injured?  My clerk broke mine, and it took him a year to recover.  He had humans waiting by his bedside the entire time.  And then the dwarven liaison came, and he milled around for a while.  My mayor healed, and seemed to have a constant non-productive meeting with the humans for another year, so I went through elaborate means to kill the humans and the liaison.  The humans sent their merchant princess, but I have yet to see another dwarven liaison.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:18:00 am »

Yeah, if the dwarf conducting the meeting isn't able to take a turn, which might happen with the rest job, then everything will grind to a halt.  There's currently no mechanism in place to avoid this.