Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good ways to train dem dwarves?  (Read 697 times)

skarr12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any good ways to train dem dwarves?
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:24:30 pm »

Well you see after returning to my fort i realized that i was geting way too many imigrants, and way to many people who arent doing anything to have an army of 9. So, i was wondering, How the hell can i train your average urist to your not so average super urist. Any one have any good strategys of caging up animals and puting them into confined rooms? Any one? Also, while im here i might aswell ask how the fuck do you chain up animals?
I killed a dragon using a wolf eye tooth as a weapon once. It was satisfying.
What a coincidence. I was just on my way to slay a dragon with an eye tooth as well.

skarr12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any good ways to train dem dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:37:12 pm »

Quickly now, my pop is nearing were the titans can come.
I killed a dragon using a wolf eye tooth as a weapon once. It was satisfying.
What a coincidence. I was just on my way to slay a dragon with an eye tooth as well.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:33 pm »

Set up a barracks. They can be designated from any bed, armor stand, cabinet, chest, or weapon rack. Assign your military to train there.

Danger room. Fill the barracks with upright training spears and link them all to a lever, then order the lever to be pulled on repeat.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Xerillum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:49:35 pm »

Another option, in case you still need to buy time before a titan arrives, would be to kill off the more useless dwarves. Magma is the Fun way of doing this, although water or cave-ins can work

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »

DEM DORFS MAN, DEM DORFS.

Yeah, just murder the useless ones and stick people with fighting skills in the military.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Xerillum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:15 pm »

Oh, and make sure to kill the new guys, so nobody cares when they die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »

See, now my answer would be to keep those useless dwarves, and fit em up into suicide squads of wrestlers. 20 wrestlers sent at a titan followed by a few good sworddwarves should take care of it, and if the wrestlers die, oh well.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.