Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stubborn Strange mood... help me out here?  (Read 555 times)

Ajonos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stubborn Strange mood... help me out here?
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:27 pm »

I've got a dwarf in a strange mood, and he doesn't seem to have what he wants for the last ingredient... He's been asking for "bones... yes...", "cloth... thread...", "stone... rock...", "leather... skin...". He has already taken 13 Elk Bones, 1 claystone, 1 lignite, and 1 siamang leather, and I have more of each of those, so I'm assuming what he's missing is the thread. I've had 200+ cave spider silk thread sitting around since he first went into the strange mood, but no dice. Figuring that he was looking for plant thread, which I don't have, I gave up on him and locked him in the workshop.

But then lo and behold, an elven caravan arrives carrying plant thread, and he's not yet insane! I quickly buy the thread from them and unlock the doors to the workshop.

...he still is sitting in the workshop. Apparently he doesn't want the new thread that's now sitting in a stockpile right next to him.

What could possibly be missing?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Stubborn Strange mood... help me out here?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:55:18 pm »

When possessed dwarves ask for "cloth... thread...", they don't want thread - they want woven cloth. Tell your weavers to make some plant fiber cloth and some silk cloth and your moody dwarf should be ready to go.

Also, one bit of warning: if the bones are the first ingredient, be prepared for all of those other ingredients to be completely discarded - there's a bug in all released 0.31.xx versions which causes bone artifacts to lose all of their decorations and be almost worthless.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Ajonos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stubborn Strange mood... help me out here?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:00:57 pm »

Ah, dang. If I had known that... You were right though. I wove it into cloth, and he made a beeline right to it, picked it up... and went insane >< good to know though.