Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Top side Meeting hall & Remains...  (Read 307 times)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
Top side Meeting hall & Remains...
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:54:40 am »

Hey everyone,

New guy in DF here! Enjoying it immensely!

Now, I decided to make a super dining hall to boost dwarf morale, so i built a nice dining hall (over ground). They all love it, they refer to it as a 'legendary' dining hall, lol. Thing is, that since it's top side, and that remains dont' produce miasma it seems my dwarf totally don't care about the fact that there are rotting remains of various creatures all over the dining hall.

They really don't seem to mind, but i do! :O

I even flagged them as 'DUMP' so that they are brought to the 'Garbage Dump'. But... nope, out of the 8 remains, 1 of them did get picked up. But the rest it seems like they really ahve better things to do then pick it up. (have 37 dwarves... O_O)

Anyways, if anybody has any tips to clean a topside Dining hall... Let me know :)

Cheers,

PS: This game is the perfect example of the complete lack of depth of all modern games. Go DF GO!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Top side Meeting hall & Remains...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:04:04 am »

Dwarves don't gather refuse from outside by default. You can turn it on with o-r-o, I think.
But be careful if dangerous creatures are in sight, they might gather corpses from all over the map.