Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interpreting the msgs in error.log?  (Read 778 times)

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
Interpreting the msgs in error.log?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:48:17 am »

So it has been a while since I last played DF...  and it has taken me a while to get my head around 31.12   (Well worth it, though!)

But now I'm being spammed big time by announcements about inaccessible items. I think this is due to large cavern system, but I want to check that I haven't stupidly unforbidden something in the bottom of a well or river or...

So, I looks at the error.log and most of the items are this msg over 'n over again:

path fail: dwarf,Pickup Equipment,97,108,174 -> 5,152,133: Id #4934:Path Goal Grab Uniform:Station Mill Building at 68,94,173

OK. I assume 97,108,174 is where the dwarf currently is, 5, 152,133 is where he's trying to get to and 68,94,173 is...?

Come to that, how are the co-ords interpreted? x,y,z?  Is the bottom LH corner 0,0,0? 

My brain hurts...  ::)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:04:00 am by Eater of Vermin »
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Black Bellamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interpreting the msgs in error.log?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

0,0 is upper left corner.   The third value is the z-level counted from the bottom.

You can use the dfposition.exe utility within dfhack to determine the exact cursor positions.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:38:39 pm »

I believe the 3rd coordinate is where the dwarf will go when he's idle - "station mill building" is probably referring to a dining room you've designated as a meeting area.

Also, the "dfposition" utility doesn't actually come with the dfhack binaries - you need to compile it from sources.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:10 am »

Thanks, fellas.

(It's nice to know I was on the right track; I'd actually meant "Is the bottom-most top LH corner 0,0,0?", as per common usage but the gremlins got me.)

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)