Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What determines (goblin) attack frequency?  (Read 7160 times)

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
Re: What determines (goblin) attack frequency?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 05:16:10 pm »

Fortress Wealth + Caravan Wealth = Minimum Goblin Risk/Reward Ratio. If the amount of wealth is such as to justify a raid, and the risk is enough to make success possible, they'll attack. If the goblins are attacking at the same time as caravans, it means the caravans have more value than your fortress to them (which happens to me frequently).

Lest we forget that Toady is a mathematician, goblins are nothing if not economically feasible.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 03:45:56 am »

Fortress Wealth + Caravan Wealth = Minimum Goblin Risk/Reward Ratio. If the amount of wealth is such as to justify a raid, and the risk is enough to make success possible, they'll attack. If the goblins are attacking at the same time as caravans, it means the caravans have more value than your fortress to them (which happens to me frequently).

Lest we forget that Toady is a mathematician, goblins are nothing if not economically feasible.
Dwarf to Dwarfbuck ratio: 1:100000
there be 40 dwarfs, only half are soldiers
where the hell are my goblin invaders?
Do I need to make a 10x10x10 cube out of *spoiler* or something to get them to attack?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 01:27:35 am »

What I did was bug out an adamantine artifact: the mooding mason only had access to a burrow containing 50+ adamantine. He used them all and made a 50 000 000 db artifact.

Next siege was... interesting.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 [2]