Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed dwarf problem  (Read 1153 times)

Nas92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possessed dwarf problem
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »

Okay, I'm pissed off. A possessed clothier is asking for cloth and thread, traders arrived fortunately, I bought some, along with stuff to eat. Problem is, he's not getting he's just muttering in that damn workshop, like a retard. Even though losing is fun, I would hate to see my first semi-succesful fortress fall to a retarded clothier's rage. So, what to do? Also, when somebody tries to store something in a bin or barrel it says job cancelled: item misplaced. Does that really mean what it's supposed to mean? When dwarves try to store something in a barrel or bin, that makes the stuff to be stored, magically disappear?

EspritFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessed dwarf problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:31:59 pm »

I think moody dwarfs do make a distinction between different cloth/thread types. So if you only have pig tail thread/cloth he might be demanding silk or vice versa.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 04:54:27 pm »

It could be that the cloth/thread is marked for hauling, in which case you would have to wate for it to be deposited in the proper stockpile.
Go to the [J]obs screen and check hauling jobs involving cloth stockpiles to confirm.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 02:07:17 am »

you need silk. end of.
This is a blank sig.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:17:46 am »

Every one of my workshops are little rooms, with emergency doors.

A dwarf wants platinum a few minutes after embark? TO THE WORKCLOSET OF DEATH.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers