Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: won't let me embark on mountain biomes  (Read 694 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
won't let me embark on mountain biomes
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:21:00 am »

version 33d

the embark option is shown in dark grey when i try to embark in a local that isn't conected to at least 1 non-mountain biome

I hope this can be fixed in the next version, because a lot of very interesting locals get lost this way

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: won't let me embark on mountain biomes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:23:00 am »

I think it has something to do with not being able to find a large enough clear, flat area to start you in. Don't know for sure though.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:37:00 am »

in that caes, isn't kind of pointless, creating a huge mountain world full of elaborate places you can't play on ?

jesus
the elevation mark is only between 3 and 4, it can't possibly be THAT hard to find a start area

[ December 05, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 12:40:00 pm »

I believe you can only start on the borders of mountains, and not anywhere where you're fully enclosed by mountain tiles. I don't really mind, myself. All the interesting things are on the borders anyway.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »

This isn't a bug, it has to do with the fact that there's no way for a wagon to get into the mountains.