Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck Merchants  (Read 633 times)

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck Merchants
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:33 am »

Here I am after a quite lucrative trading session with some humans . After a while the reports said they have started their journey and lo and behold , one month after they havnt taken 5 steps from my trading depot. Yeah , they are stuck , is there any way to rectify this?

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck Merchants
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:25 am »

In before "magma".

Is this with .13?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:31:53 am »

Drown them in water. That way you get all your stuff back.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:35:33 am »

Have they finished taking all of their goods out of the depot? If not, there's one rather easy way to accomplish this: go into designation mode (mining, woodcutting, etc.), move your mouse pointer over an empty tile, then click and hold until everything's loaded up. This is, in fact, the same bug that you can use to finish liaison/diplomat meetings while paused, though be careful that your cats don't all get adopted.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:57 pm »

Sometimes they get trapped,ive had my merchants leave going through the caverns before even though the exit was infront of the trade depot.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 07:02:50 pm »

In before "magma".

Doesn't that mean you'll be smoothered by the impending flow of magma? Personally i want to be OUT before the magma

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:57 am »

Yeah , they have taken all their stuff already ... Using .12, and I a) dont have water to drown them in (not much anyway) , b) bad experiences with magma. I dont have a exit through the caverns though , havnt breached them yet , need more military . The only exit through my fortress is the only way in , which is my bridge , which is down and connected to the green green land.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 04:26:24 am »

Here I am after a quite lucrative trading session with some humans . After a while the reports said they have started their journey and lo and behold , one month after they havnt taken 5 steps from my trading depot. Yeah , they are stuck , is there any way to rectify this?
I think when you get that message what it means is that they are actually just starting to pack-up.  The message is significant only in that it means that they will no longer trade with you.

...Or it could be a bug of some sort, given that you said it's been a month.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:44:40 am »

Yeah , I think they are stuck in my depot . Winter passed ! and they are still sitting in my masterfully designed microcline-made depot , makes me wonder if they like it too much...

Tupimus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:52:43 am »

Sure they actually have a way out of there? I once had a durr-worthy human diplomat who 1. never actually got to conduct a meeting so I 2. forgot about him and 3. he went berserk because he couldn't man up to talk to the bloody mayor so I'd remember him in order to pull the sodding main bridge-gate lever.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 04:13:33 am »

You can check if depot have access to outside. Warning: can cause epilepsy.