Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loyalty Cascades, How do they Work!?  (Read 1383 times)

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
Loyalty Cascades, How do they Work!?
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:10:31 pm »

Ok, so say you have a human town with a forgotton beast/some kind of brute as their "Law-giver." You get a request to kill said law-giver from someone else in the town. You kill the law-giver and shenanigans ensue where everyone is killing everyone. Why is that so? Can anyone explain how that kind of loyalty cascade works?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Loyalty Cascades, How do they Work!?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:05:57 am »

the enemy of my friend is my enemy.
if adventurer or (a) is a member of a civ he is friends with that civ.
now if the a goes and hits a civ member (B) he is now a enemy.
every one in the civ will zerg in a mind control like fashion to you like it should.
now due to you hitting (B) and sparking a kill order on you (b) will go and try to hit you... if he does he hit a Friend of the civ thus making (B) an enemy and now every one will try to zurg him too.
now being a enemy of the area (B) will go on a killing spree on any one in that civ including (A).
the thing that closes the loop is that hitting a civ member will make others want to hit you which will make them targets to the same assault.
It almost like going to a RP server on some fps game and killing someone, this will lead to a spiral of every man for him self and turn the place into a death match.
which is why it called a loyal crusade for it mostly a massive slaughter of those who are still loyal to the civ against those who aren't. If you end up caught in one with out provoking it best thing to do is don't fight and run getting into a fight like that might mean you shut down 5 towns to you where running saves you 4 more to retire in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 05:20:38 pm »

I never found this worked. When I hit Civ Member B, I am now an enemy of the civ, so killing me does not cause others to become enemies too, even if I'm a member of the civ.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 06:57:29 pm »

It only works when several loyalties are in play. Civ members are also members of a Site and a Sect, and attacking him makes you enemies with all of them. But over in the next town, if you've done the warlord enough favors and joined the local church, then they'll attack you for being an enemy of the Civ, and immediately become enemies of their own Site and Sect.

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:37:23 am »

Happens in fortress mode to if you order your military units to kill dwarven merchants.... watch your squads turn on each other and your fort to go hell.