Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two questions: dead caged dwarf and pile barrels  (Read 525 times)

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two questions: dead caged dwarf and pile barrels
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:54:07 am »

One of my dwarves was sent to prison and he died in there because noone gave him food and drink. Is there a way to bring him out of there aside from melting everything?

Also, every time that I set up a food stockpile, the dwarves go and steal barrels from the booze stockpile, which I set up just for the opposite reason, as I wanted to have a stable amount of barrels dedicated to drinks. Is there a way to prevent that aside from setting a maximum amount of barrels in the new stockpile?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:09:22 pm by Lord Vetinari »

blainemono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead caged dwarf
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:57:18 am »

I think refuse/corpse haulers should take care of that. If they don't - try deconstructing the cage.

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions: dead caged dwarf and pile barrels
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:10:20 pm »

Sorry, I added the second question before I was able to see that someone answered.

As for the cage, ti didn't work. The cage was removed with the corpse inside. Now it's in the stockpile. At least it's not producing miasma (and it's been a while since the death, as far as I could see in the past it should be rotten by now).

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 06:48:34 pm »

First in prison. They will only bring him water. And they need a bucket for that. Second question no. Just do it that way, and change it once you get enough booze and barrels made.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:19:24 am »

You can dump his body from the cage (it doesn't have to be built even).  Make sure you have a garbage zone set up, then look at the cage using 'k' and hit enter.  This will take you to the cage description.  Hit enter again to look at the contents of the cage and it should have the corpse description.  Hit 'd' to designate the course for dumping.  A dwarf will come along and dump the body into the garbage zone.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

You can set up a small booze stockpile and a small food stockpile within a prisoner's chained reach. Set them to take from your bigger food stockpiles, and dwarves should keep them properly stocked with booze and food. You might have the problem of dwarves running over to consume the booze and food though, if it is the closest stockpile of food when they decide they are hungry/thristy enough to go eat/drink.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!