Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33c Unable to build with artifact mechanism  (Read 652 times)

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
33c Unable to build with artifact mechanism
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:50:00 am »

A dwarf created an artifact mechanism from a mood, and died. I can't place or use the mechanism when I'm building traps -- it doesn't show up on the list. Even when it's the only free mechanism in my fort, I can't place any traps.

[ December 05, 2007: Message edited by: DDouble ]

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 33c Unable to build with artifact mechanism
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:08:00 am »

Okay... firstly, is it accessible?

Assuming it is, do you have a furniture stockpile? It is possible that there is already a job for the item to be moved to the stockpile, which will stop you building with it. Check the jobs menu (j) for any furniture stockpiling related jobs, and wait until they are all finished. Alternatively disable furniture moving on the orders menu. Try building with it again.

Tyrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:40:00 am »

I wasn't able to make a burial site with a stockpiled artifact casket either.  Don't you think the legendary artisan should have the option of being buried in his own banded, menacing-spiked coffin?

[ December 05, 2007: Message edited by: Tyrion ]

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »

An artifact mechanism should be a clockwork robot. Like a dwarf made of steel, able to cut your enemies to ribbons with its ultra-mighty unliving body. But do dwarvoids dream of electric fluffy wamblers?
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »

I had a legendary bone carver die of starvation after walling himself into a room and being forgotten about (oops), his artifact turtle bone coffin is now simply sitting in the furniture stockpile, unable to be placed.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

One of my dwarves made an artifact glass chain and then got eaten by a hydra. I wanted to put the chain in my jail so I could have happy prisoners, but it doesn't show up on the list of restraints.

darkfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

I think I have the same problem with clothes. One of my dwarves went insane and died, but all his clothes remain on the floor, they cannot be removed by any means. (and it still shows the dead dwarf as owner).

Perhaps the ownership flag is not being cleared from the artifacts when their owner dies.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

Why would you desecrate such sacred objects by letting CIVILIANS use them?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »

I know that in the previous version, if a dwarf made an artifact weapon and died, the weapon could be used in weapon traps.  Does anyone know if this has been changed?