Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: {fix'd} DF init woes  (Read 556 times)

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
{fix'd} DF init woes
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »

OK, I think I go through some permutation of this every time a new version comes out. I seem to be fundamentally incapable of making DF behave the way I want it to.

Here's what I want:

1. Fullscreen that's actually fullscreen.

2. I want the pre 2010 "I'm done designating a dig site" key. Not Escape. (this may already be the case. I haven't gotten
to gameplay yet because I haven't managed the first point.)

3. Actually, that's it.

I know I should be able to achieve at least the first bit with the init file. I've set the game to automagically fullscreen. I set the resolution to my desktop resolution of 1280x1024, and I turned off black space. But I keep getting DF sized as if it was windowed, and in the upper left corner of my screen.

Help?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:48:49 pm by HastyLumbago »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF init woes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:20:48 pm »

If you set full screen to 0 and 0, it auto sizes to the monitor, and I don't know what you mean with number 2.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:33 pm »

When the first DF2010 came out, the pattern of keystrokes for designating my habitation pods changed. the space bar was switched with escape. Muscle memory still screws me over on that front. this being only the third time I've updated since April, I don't know if enough people had this problem that it's reverted or not.

Also, I only set the resolution after leaving the values at zero produced the above described results.

Of course, changing the values didn't seem to make a difference.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

You ALSO need to set the "BLACKSPACE" option to "BLACKSPACE:NO". If you leave it yes, you get a full screen of black, and a small area of play displayed for most things in DF (and true fullscreen in a couple of rare places).

I set fullscreen to 800 x 600, so the game knows how big I want my DF when I put it into full screen. I find it helps to prevent DF from getting confused on how big it should make the display.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »

For number 2, go into interface.txt.

Change this:

[BIND:LEAVESCREEN:REPEAT_NOT]
[SYM:0:Escape]

to this:

[BIND:LEAVESCREEN:REPEAT_NOT]
[SYM:0:Space]
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:58 pm »

Thankee sai, Urist.

And yeah, I turned off blackspace, but I still have blackspace.

EDIT: OK, Apparently it just didn't like the resolution I'd set. 800x600 works perfectly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:48:23 pm by HastyLumbago »