Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mercy killing  (Read 635 times)

Laskuraska

• Bay Watcher
  • It's hards to be in charge of alls dem dorfs
    • View Profile
Mercy killing
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:34:06 am »

My legendary miner has permanently lost the use of both of her hands fighting a forgotten beast, which she defeated single-handedly. For this reason I constructed her a sweet tomb. She is unmarried and doesn't have any significant relationships. Despite my having disabled all labor in her preferences, she will not stop trying to pick up her equipment and it's flooding my announcements (as well as making me imagine she must be totally miserable). Can I wait for her to starve to death, or will I have to find a creative way to put her out of her misery?

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy killing
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:37:27 am »

If she's in the hospital or her room then she's likely being fed and will never starve unless you lock her up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:11 am »

Unleash HFS just for her sake ;D Let the world know that this demon invasion happened in the name of Urist McHandlessMiner!

Laskuraska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:53 am »

Unleash HFS just for her sake ;D Let the world know that this demon invasion happened in the name of Urist McHandlessMiner!
LOL I actually really like the layout of my current fort and want to see how old I can get it. Otherwise I would do that so hard, right after building a floor space with marble and kimberlite that said something about how she would rule the world or sommat

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:19 am »

You could try forbidding her favoured pick maybe. Or locking her away from anything. That might stop the spam. What about draft her in her own special squad, (no armour) and post her as lookout. Would that work ? It's a shame to sacrifice such a brave lady.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Laskuraska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:44 pm »

I hadn't thought to set her as a lookout, I should definitely build fortifications around the top of my wall and have her patrol up there to spot ambushes. Thanks for the suggestion!