Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Or" Tag in Reactions  (Read 451 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
"Or" Tag in Reactions
« on: September 14, 2010, 06:22:45 am »

Some reactions -bronze, brass and I think pewter, probably others- are currently divided into 'use bars' and 'use ore', which is a bit cumbersome if you're smelting one of the constituent ores for something else; I'm sure it's far from unheard of for bronxe production to grind to a halt frequently if the player is also using copper bars for something.
What I suggest is a system where we have something like REAGENT:A1, A2 etc. If there's none of the first reagent available then your dwarves select the next one. Priority should obviously go to ores, since one tends not to pre-smelt them if they're only going to be used for alloys, but if that runs out then they should start on the bars. This should cause the game to print a warning message.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!