Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting dwarf fortress to play on a net book  (Read 813 times)

gabado

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
getting dwarf fortress to play on a net book
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:50 pm »

i downloaded dwarf fortress onto my net book and it is having trouble running, i heard from a friend that there is a way to mod it so that it will run on a slower possessor, such as the one in my net book.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: getting dwarf fortress to play on a net book
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:56:50 pm »

You can go into the INIT file and turn off laggy stuff, like weather. You could also try genning a smaller world, that might help, at least it makes you save faster and makes the save smaller (Good for school XD). But I don't think that a netbook would really work too well.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Optimiztic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 04:38:47 pm »

Check the magmawiki for "Maximizing framerate" to get a bunch of useful tips on running dwarf fortress on a slower computer.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:04:35 pm »

Netbooks work just fine until blood spatter gets out of control. IMO.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »

Their isnt a netbook in the world that can handle a well developed DF fortress.. the atom and even the ion processors suck way to much