Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military superbugged  (Read 1476 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military superbugged
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:08 pm »

I've seen a lot of goofy military related crap, but this one has by far been the worst.

Captain of the Guard, Militia Commander, and the first 7 and every one past the 9th will ignore the equipment settings and idle naked forever outside of station orders. They are actually squads from a fort i played a few days ago, same names, assigned equipment, and listed numbers of dwarves, which all completely ignore the actual number of dwarves in the squad. Also they all come in with station orders that obviously have no destination.

I have no clue why the 8th works, but he's been my only usable Militia captain out of 12 attempts.

This used to happen all the time when i was first starting to play, but this is the first time in forever i've run into it. I know abandoning will fix it...but i'd rather not just trash this fort if i can help it. Is there anything else I can do?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military superbugged
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:24:41 am »

Have you tried unenlisting and reenlisting every dwarf?  Also, what is different about the 8th?  Is he a legendary user, not a legendary user, was he part of your starting seven, anything?

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military superbugged
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:04:58 am »

His squad didn't have Station orders when I made it, and it didn't kick him out right after creating it and unpausing. It still listed one of the squads from before, and it still had the equipment setup I had set for that squad before, but beyond that everything worked normally.

About the dwarf, completely unremarkable beyond being the only one out of 77 that has been able to comprehend military service yet. He came in the last migrant wave, no notable skills, pets, or anything else that stands out.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]