Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slow progression of sieges?  (Read 422 times)

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
Slow progression of sieges?
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »

I seem to have really stalled out in my fort for sieges. I got one in year 2, and another in year 4, but since then I haven't received a single one. The first siege was just a single squad of ten or so goblins with a mounted leader. The second siege was probably 6-7 squads with a squad of trolls, all of them mounted on giant bats and olms. I now have 120 some dwarves, a fortress wealth of a bit under 15 million, and its the year 1060 (started in 1050) and no one is attacking me.

For awhile I wasn't even seeing ambushes, although those started up again in 1059.

Are there specific triggers you need to meet to get sieged? Do I need to let more kobolds steal stuff (only one has ever gotten anything) or more goblins steal kids (2-3 have been stolen from god knows how many attempts, at least one a season)? Do I just need more money? I am somewhat conservative with my crafting, only making stone, bone, and glass goods, saving my metals and gems for furniture and the like in my fort. I usually trade 25,000-50,000 in goods to each caravan, though, since my legendary bone carver is quite productive...

Should I just start attacking the human caravans to get my bloodlust?

I've seen tons of forgotten beasts, and a single Ettin, but no other megabeasts or Titans. I have a Duke but no King. I want some more action!
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!