Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maximum happiness?  (Read 1104 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maximum happiness?
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:59:09 am »

What is the maximum happiness a dwarf can obtain?  I know they can get up to "ecstatic", but looking at Dwarf Therapist I've seen values go up to over 3000 when you only need...maybe 250 or something for a dwarf to be called "ecstatic".

What's the highest happiness you've seen?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Dadou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum happiness?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:05 am »

Maybe after seeing burningandrunningaround elves ?
No magma, no Fun.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:02:55 am »

Highest thing I've seen is also in the 3000s.

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:10:06 am »

I doubt that, without modding, maximum happiness is possible to achieve/maintain long enough to realize.

Some instances of happy thoughts are somewhat hard to control and others are dependent on the existence of negative aspects of the game that ultimately lead to bad thoughts.

One would need to exercise totalitarian control over nearly every aspect of each dwarf's life.

How do you give Urist Mcfistfight the pleasure of beating on the mayor without the negative thought of imprisonment?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:44:22 am »

I think I heard tale of a 4000 happiness before. Given art defacement is a maximum of -1000 happiness, if you're at 3000+ then it's safe to say your dwarf isn't going to tantrum anytime soon.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.