Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tilesets Troubleshooting Help  (Read 624 times)

MavericX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Tilesets Troubleshooting Help
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:01 pm »

New user here, I used to play Nethack a lot and really enjoyed that style of game, however I have one crippling weakness. That weakness being I can't play ASCII graphics at all, they hurt my eyes and I often get sick or confused rather fast. However I really enjoy the game in tilesets, needless to say I beat Nethacked and really enjoyed the game. When I found out about Dwarf Fortress, I was really excited to give this game a go.

Now here's my problem, I have downloaded the lazy noob pack for my hopes of the least chance of error. However when I start up Dwarf Fortress I immediately get the error that: "Dwarf Fortress.exe Has stopped working" with the following text "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." So then I run Dwarf fortress in ASCII mode and sure enough it works.

I have heard that using the newest graphics driver may fix this problem, however ATI and their lovely drivers have a problem with my laptop which stops the fan from working correctly and overheating the video card so updating drivers isn't an option for me at the moment. My laptop is fairly new its a ASUS G73jh-a1 so I know I make the system requirements.

If any one can help me with this dilemma and help me get the tile sets working correctly so I may be on my way to leading my dwarfs on their journey, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this topic, however tile sets is a type of mod and not built in the main game so I thought it appropriate to post it here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:35:03 pm by MavericX »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Tilesets Troubleshooting Help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »

It's an incorrect place and you won't get many answers here, try to move the thread in the general DF discussion.

Also do you get the latest DirectX?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MavericX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:20:09 pm »

Thank you for letting me know to move this thread, and yes I'm currently running on directX11. If you can kindly describe how I can move this thread to General so I may do so, or would I have to recreate this thread? I really don't want to litter the forums with unnecessary threads.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:22:48 pm »

You will see an "arrow" symbol to the right of the thread name, near the "lock" symbol. That's it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository