Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Concerning Dorfs and Hippies  (Read 432 times)

BinTrig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Concerning Dorfs and Hippies
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:54 am »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just a simple question about some areas, is it possible to have elvish migrants mixed with normal migrants or would I have to resort to init dabbling and turning them into tame slaves only to be fodder for clowns?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning Dorfs and Hippies
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:32:46 am »

slaves are the only way.

BinTrig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:34:32 am »

Lovely, and I realize now the init file might (read: won't) do jack to them. Is it as simple as going into the creature raws and adding [TAME] to them, and even then can they be useful?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:42:26 am »

I think adding tags like [TAME] and [PET] could do odd things to sentient creatures like elves. If you can train them, I'm not sure what they would do. Then again, there are stories out there of Trolls becoming Dwarven mayors...

It all depends on what you're doing with them. If you're "volunteering" them for cavern exploration or cannon fodder, you can just capture them in cages. Even friendly units will be caught in cage traps if you drop them down a z-level first (to stun them). Then you can do all sorts of fun things.  :D
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU