Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hospitial Help  (Read 1786 times)

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: Hospitial Help
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 08:06:16 am »

Regarding diagnostics: the better the skill the better the diagnosis. Poor diagnosticians will tend to under-prescribe treatments, and once a dwarf has been diagnosed they won't be looked at again until they get injured again. So a dwarf with, say, a broken limb that's looked at by Urist McFail M.D. will be given a clean bill of health and no matter that Urist McHouse M.D. B.D. G.S. is right around the corner no one will treat the wound or re-evaluate until the dwarf gets injured again.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 08:21:11 am »

It doesn't have to be the chief medical dwarf that does the diagnosis

Then what exactly is the role of the chief medical dwarf?

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:59 am »

At present it seems to be nothing. It was the CMD who had to do the initial diagnosis, but that doesn't seem to be the case since .10

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 12:17:26 pm »

He gives you the medical overview screen in the z-stock screen I guess, although I never find it very useful since it show's all the pets needing diagnosis.  And not sure how much use it is even without them.

I have had dwarves rediagnosed while getting worked on according to their personal health screen, maybe because the suturerer/surgeon/bone doctor completely balls up their operation?  Not sure again.  I do obsessively check up on any injured dwarves though, poor little guys. :(

Magma_science

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Human wrestler!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:29 pm »

The Armok Healthcare Plan. He's not called the God of Blood for nothing!

He is not Dwarven God of Blood. He is God of Dwarven Blood.

Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »

At present it seems to be nothing. It was the CMD who had to do the initial diagnosis, but that doesn't seem to be the case since .10
It wasn't even true then - other dwarves with Diagnosis enabled could do the initial diagnosis pre .10 as well. (I always wondered how that rumor got started)

reborninthefortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:20 am »

The cast bit is a bug - they'll never successfully fill a bucket with water to make the cast.  The only way for casts to succeed is for the doctor to get the 'go fill a bucket with water' part of the task, grab a bucket, and have that bucket *already* have water in it.  One way to make this happen is to designate a pond to be filled somewhere.  When you see the dwarf run off to the water source (ideally the same one as the doc went to), forbid the pond-filler's bucket after it has some water in it.  After it's been dropped, unforbid it, and forbid the cast-doctor's bucket.  The should then pick the 'closest' available bucket to try again, which will hopefully be your former pond-filler's bucket.
Thanks about the cast. I built a well to see if it was just a problem with filling from a pond. I didn't see what happened but my militia commander is now back on his feet. Will take your advice the next time it happens. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:54:59 am by reborninthefortress »
'I have enough barrels!'
Pages: 1 [2]