Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33d] Impossible Demand  (Read 676 times)

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[33d] Impossible Demand
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

I recently had my dungeon master request "an item" in his bedroom. No description was given for what item he wants. (note: already contains bed, 2 coffers, cabinet, weapon rack, armor stand). I put in a few misc objects (at statue, table, chair) but nothing worked.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [33d] Impossible Demand
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »

I have this same thing happening.  I've stuck everything I can think of into his bedroom, with no luck.  I don't think it's relevant, but my mayor had just had a mandate fail before he made the demand.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »

Is your economy started and, if yes, do you have shops so he can go buy something?
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:47:00 pm »

I've gotten the same thing without the economy started.  I also started a thread, a week or two ago, and some suggested putting a goods pile in the room.  I haven't had a chance to try it since mine forgot his demand, but it could possibly work.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »

I've had this problem and am wondering if its related to the empty item in purchase screens bug that occurs when raws are changed in-game.  Has anyone had demands for unspecified items that has been playing a game under a single version? Ie, started the game in 33d, as opposed to starting the game in 33b and copying to 33d.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »

I've got it with a clean install, but the world was generated in 33c and I moved the save over.  I haven't touched the raws or installed any mods, save for a tileset.  Also, I don't have an economy going yet.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

Yeah, the thread is old, but I just had this happen to me with my Dungeon Master.  He wants 'item in bedroom', but won't tell me what.  I'm using 33g.

This is his first demand, if that matters any.

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

The reason the game can't tell you is that what he wants can't be made.  Like an Iron Bed.