Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An "Ignore Creature" option  (Read 1469 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An "Ignore Creature" option
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 11:51:31 pm »

So can this. It's like the dwarves being given instructions not to run away from harmless creatures, but, say, flee if a wild horse appears.

They run away because they are afraid...

Your asking your Dwarves to ignore dangerous animals and to lay down their lives.

If they could for example "Fail" this order or refuse it would be quite a bit better. Though the stress should drive them insane until they tantrum and assault the army.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 12:12:41 am »

Maybe add some way a dwarf can get used to something. It's onlogical if a dwarf spents half of his life running away from wild sheep, however it makes sense that he runs the first time he sees a large horse. So they should learn to ignore these creatures. Maybe add something that if they see a creature but it does not try to attack them they will be more likely to ignore it. On the other hand if a creature tries to attack them they will learn to run away more.

One problem with this is that you goblin prisoners will teach your dwarfs completly the wrong thing maybe add something that if something is in a pit, cage or otherwise zoo it can be set to learn dwarfs to run away or ignore this creature which they will then learn each time they visit the zoo(this makes zoos much more usefull).
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:46 am »

So can this. It's like the dwarves being given instructions not to run away from harmless creatures, but, say, flee if a wild horse appears.

If they could for example "Fail" this order or refuse it would be quite a bit better. Though the stress should drive them insane until they tantrum and assault the army.

"I'm not working near those damn rabbits any longer! I'm going to go beat up those heavily armed, heavily armored dwarves! Who's with me?"

Yeah, no.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:44:58 am »

"I'm not working near those damn rabbits any longer! I'm going to go beat up those heavily armed, heavily armored dwarves! Who's with me?"

Yeah, no.

It is called the worker's revolution.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:09 am »

Yeah, no.

It's called "Urist McDwarf cancels revolt: Already a bloody communist."
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 05:28:44 pm »

Dwarves arn't communist...

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »

Getting back on track, how about instead of adding individual tags to creatures, there could be some sort of system set in place to track what is culturally normal to fort inhabitants?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 04:35:07 am »

Yeah, no.

It's called "Urist McDwarf cancels revolt: Already a bloody communist."
XD
Pages: 1 [2]