Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Encrust Ammo...Why?  (Read 1609 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Encrust Ammo...Why?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:39 am »

Also, can a single item be decorated more than once?

An item can be decorated one time with each material. This means that an item can be decorated with diamond, ruby, sapphire, onyx, and green glass; but a second diamond order would require a different item.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:24 pm »

Ammo decoration is for making money. When all you have is a skilled weaponsmith and a skilled decorator (metalcrafting, bone crafting, gem setting) then this is a useful way to make some quick dwarfbucks for that last item you want from the caravan.

Weapon decoration is done through Encrust Finished Goods. Use whatever means you want to ensure it's your weapons that get encrusted and not some random mug. Be it burrows or a sealed room.

You can decorate a single item once for each material you apply to it. If you happen to encrust it with every metal and gem in existence then find space to put bone in too, you will create something more valueable than most artifacts (since most artifacts are some bone or wood trinket and even decent ones are less than 100k dwarfbucks). Mind, it's an absolute pain to arrange for that ultra-decoration to happen.

If you want to have the feeling of shooting your wealth at goblins yet don't want to waste the rare stuff, there's plenty of options. Green glass if you have sand or all the dirt cheap gems you keep running into like bloodstone.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:23 pm »

Weapon decoration is done through Encrust Finished Goods. Use whatever means you want to ensure it's your weapons that get encrusted and not some random mug. Be it burrows or a sealed room.

99.999999999% sure that that doesn't work.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »

Unless something seriously changed between 40d and DF2010, I know this works as I've mass produced decorated swords before.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]