Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon Attack Modding  (Read 564 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Weapon Attack Modding
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:38:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this weapon always uses the bite attack but never the lash
is there a way to make them more random, or even give one priority or "weighting" on how often they will use it?

edit 1:
or did i makde some error on the first attack? (althought i just copied the scourge) errorlog shows nothing.

edit 2:
The SQ1 Leader bites The SQ1 Macedrow in the left lower leg with the snakehead of her -mithral drow scourge of fangs-, lightly tapping the target!
The SQ1 Leader lashes The SQ1 Macedrow in the right hand with her -mithral drow scourge of fangs-, lightly tapping the target!

in sparring they will use it sometimes, but never in combat oO
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:46:04 am by Rhenaya »
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Attack Modding
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:29:23 am »

It seems the game picks edged attacks over blunt attacks. It must regard the blunt one as a secondary attack, like the ones on swords and spears.

Tried solving this problem when modding in a polehammer, the only thing I could comp up with was faking the spear tip with a realy low surface blunt attack, which didnt quite work.

I guess you could mod the lashing attack to do edge damage. As long as that 2nd number is something realy low it shouldnt sever limbs or anything.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:44 pm »

Might be possible to give it a higher chance of using the blunt one if you made fifty or so duplicate entries for it. Of course, that seems a rather cumbersome method, but it just might work.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:13:11 pm »

You do realize what duplicate entries does to the game, right?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »

that's a different kind of duplicate.