Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kill the polls when they're done?  (Read 505 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Kill the polls when they're done?
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:49:53 pm »

WARNING: I'm not 100% sure this is the correct board to make suggestion about the Dwarf Fortress FORUM (as opposed to the game), so if this is in fact the wrong forum section, could one of the mods please move it or at least suggest where I should move it to. [/warning]

Usually, when someone runs a poll, the poll eventually comes to a definitive end. The Original Poster locks the thread from voting, and nobody pays any more attention to the numbers at the top of the page. The problem is that those numbers are STILL at the top of the page! Can there be an option, if only to curb my not-technically-OCD impulses, to remove the poll from the top of your thread when you're done with it? A "Hide poll, yes or no" checkbox would do the trick.

I know that the polls are a small and pithy complaint to make, but it just bugs me.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the polls when they're done?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:38 pm »

You don't want to see the results of a poll? Then why look at a poll thread?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 02:06:40 pm »

This thread is better placed over at the Simple Machines Forums forum, as Toady (in all his glory) didn't write the DF forum code.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 02:14:28 pm »

And I think that usually an old poll can be usefull as often the result are discussed in the tread making it rather annoying if I can't see them anymore.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.