Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No fish  (Read 368 times)

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No fish
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:10 am »

Hi, I'm playing 0.31.12 and there are no fish in any rivers or even the ocean I abandon the ocean for because I built it just for fishing and i got the message there is nothing to catch in the ocean on the first year I did catch a turtle once, and at this river same deal theres turtles in the murky pools but the river is barren. I thought this bug was fixed?

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No fish
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:24:23 am »

Do you get this on every single map?  Do you have any mods installed or anything?  Although I don't play ocean maps, I get fish from rivers all the time.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:51 am »

I seem to get it on every map theres a few fish in murky pools but that's it. The only mod I'm using is I deleted aquifers from all the layers.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:08:41 am »

I've never done that myself, but I hadn't heard it caused anything like this.  Dunno what to tell you other than try a vanilla map and see if you get the same thing.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:48 pm »

channel out a ~25x25 (roughly) area next to the river/brook then pave the floor with roads and then connect to to the water source, these eventually always seem to fill up with fish and turtles.