Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with brook diversion.  (Read 565 times)

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
Help with brook diversion.
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »

I've tried a couple of times to pump a brook enough so I could dam it up (My map doesn't freeze over in winter), but I never seem to have enough pumps and can't figure out how to drain away the water so it doesn't flow back into the hole. Does anyone happen to have some screenshots of successful river pumping so I can see how it's done?

glopso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with brook diversion.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:52:24 pm »

Maybe cave-in some stuff above it? Also you have to channel across the part you want to dam, because brooks have invisible floors.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »

Maybe cave-in some stuff above it? Also you have to channel across the part you want to dam, because brooks have invisible floors.

Not so much a floor as it is a floor grate.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

glopso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »

Either way you have to channel it.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:59:09 pm »

Either way you have to channel it.

Yes, you do.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »

Damn. I never thought of the cave-in technique but that sounds perfect. Thank you!