Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Music, sheet music or Tabs, now with a list!  (Read 1216 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Music, sheet music or Tabs, now with a list!
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:28:22 pm »

I don't consider myself a great connoisseur or player of music per se; it's more of something that I just happen to be good at. That said, I'm not an amateur, more of the lines of competent.

Right now, I have a few game tabs (DF theme, a few Chrono series things (melody and bass)) and three of Bachs pieces (Gavotte french suite #5 (not sure what that means though) Jesu, Joe of Man's Desiring and Bourrče in E Minor (all with what I can guess are their bass parts) under my belt. I play guitar and no, they're not all in tab, sheet music if you were paying attention to the title. Anyway, I don't want to get rusty, so I just want to know where I can get new pieces of music (tab, or Sheet music). You guys don't specifically have to go out of your way to look for these (if you did that, I would appreciate it!) but pointing me in the right direction would help.

I'm talking about internet links and books or names of transcribers.

Right now I'm looking for Mussorgsky's Promenade, a decent piece of Chrono Cross Another Arni Village and that song that's played in FF7 for that chick that gets stabbed in the chest by Sephiroth I think it may be her theme; I'm not sure. Also, if anyone wants, I can make a list for this and turn this into a topic that serves the people.

NOTE, whatever pieces of music (if any) that get posted will not always match the players in these examples note per note, cent percent.

-Examples
(G)uitar, dur
(G)Promenade (Up to 1:26)
(G)Chrono Cross Another Arni Village
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:51:44 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Music, sheet music or Tabs, screw standards this is Bay12!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:41:44 pm »

I'll just leave this here.

:-\ Unfortunately, there's not much there that caters to guitar and what is there, just isn't in my taste. I'm sure someone else would find it useful for pianei.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Music, sheet music or Tabs, now with a list!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:55 am »

I dare you to try and tab a song by Captain Beefheart without going insane.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Music, sheet music or Tabs, now with a list!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »

I dare you to try and tab a song by Captain Beefheart without going insane.

Links?