Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whats the best civilization symbol you ever had?  (Read 1856 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the best civilization symbol you ever had?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

I usually don't pay too much attention to the symbols unless I happen to come across it in an engraving.  I know one had clouds for it's symbol and another had circles.  How do you view the symbols while you're in fortress mode anyway?

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 04:05:55 pm »

I usually don't pay too much attention to the symbols unless I happen to come across it in an engraving.  I know one had clouds for it's symbol and another had circles.  How do you view the symbols while you're in fortress mode anyway?

Hit k and then move over your engravings and hit Enter on them.  If an engraving is the symbol of your fortress group or civilization, the description will tell you as much.
Sanity is for the weak.

Arbitrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »

Coins, statues and artifacts are also good places to find out your civilisation's symbol.

My current civ, The Brave Earth, has two waves as it's symbol.

My current fortress is called the Violent Rampart, and I haven't discovered its symbol yet.  However, in an ironic twist, 5 years into this fort and not one goblin has showed up o.O

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:07:25 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 [2]