Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 190 octane evil  (Read 720 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
190 octane evil
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:24:36 pm »

The highest value alcohol comes only from good biomes. Why not a comparable crop in evil lands? That could be some reward for taking the challenge of embarking on evil biomes. After all, the best thing about some liquors is how evil they really are. Like tequila; comes from cactus and makes a lot of people mean, myself included.

Evil booze could make tantrums more likely, and more violent when they do occur, but maybe they could also make the best molotov cocktails.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
Re: 190 octane evil
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:47:42 pm »

Other possibility: A brewable plant grows in evil biomes in great amounts and very quickly. But. Dwarves can despise it, just like they can despise vermin. Even dwarves that don't hate it will get an unhappy thought from drinking it. "Urist McDwarf consumed an absolutely godawful drink recently." Still, it's better than water...
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:27:43 am »

Well the whole point of going to an evil biome is the challance so I can sort of see why they don't have any relaly good drinks. On the other hand I think in general we should have more plants maybe toady could link this to a comunity thing where he asks the player to develop plants and annimals and puts up a vote the plants and annimals which gathered enough support get added.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:24:54 am »

Maybe its an evil biome because it has no booze?