Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military use trainning weapon to kick gobbo outta way?!  (Read 438 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military use trainning weapon to kick gobbo outta way?!
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:48:00 am »

Here is the funny thing....

My military have masterwork everything steel, armor, weapon and so on, but i made trainning wooden weapon for safe sparring, i assigned both of them in the military equipment page to everyone.

Ambush! Curse them!

activate military send them on station next to the ennemy they fight... fight.... fight.... check report... they are fighting with trainnign weapon while they also carry steel master weapon....

I tought they would switch weapon auto, do i have to micromanage weaponry?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Lezowski

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Military use trainning weapon to kick gobbo outta way?!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:03:38 pm »

They automatically upgrade weapons if a material isn't specified. If you specifically told them to use training weapons, they won't upgrade.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 01:06:42 pm »

In military screen i gave them Steel weapon AND trainning weapon, thinking they would use trainning for sparring and steel for fighting
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »

In military screen i gave them Steel weapon AND trainning weapon, thinking they would use trainning for sparring and steel for fighting
Better to have two uniforms specified and use one for training, one for combat. Easy to switch between them once you have the two uniforms created.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 01:22:50 pm »

Don't ever use training weapons. Soldiers cannot injure themselves during sparring in .31, even if they're naked and wielding adamantine axes. Use of training weapons simply results in soldiers getting attached to them, making it difficult / impossible to get them to use real weapons.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 02:47:47 pm »

The real use for training spears is in spike traps that your soldiers practice dodging on. Training axes can be used to cut down trees, as illogical as that is.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.