Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military in revolt?  (Read 375 times)

SandyCaesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military in revolt?
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:02:16 am »

I've run into a rather vexing problem: it seems that my military forces have decided that they are the enemies of my civilization and of my embarkation group, and have declared some kind of civil war...

Description of militia leader: "...He is a citizen of the Trades of Dancing [my civ]. He is a former member of the First Tome [I can only assume this is my embarkation group; it was never one of my squads]. He is an enemy of the First Tome."

Similar descriptions go for the two recruits in the squad and, strangely enough, a random Ranger who was never part of the military at all, but who still decided to spend some time shooting up the fort randomly before he somehow lost both his hands. Sometimes they register as enemies of the Trades of Dancing, sometimes not. Ditto for the First Tome. This means I'm getting a slew of "Urist McDwarf cancels job: Interrupted by Ranger/Militia Commander/Recruit." messages, plus the occasional wounded dwarf. For the most part, though, the military members are too badly wounded to do anything really major, seeing as they survived a fight against a Bronze Colossus (which they won with the help of the dwarf caravan guards). Oddly enough, they still show up doing their regular jobs on the units screen, not tantrumming or anything.

So, uh, has anyone run into anything of the sort before? Dwarfs declaring themselves the enemy of your civilization/group and being treated as such by the other dwarfs?

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
Re: Military in revolt?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:15:00 am »

It's happened before. It's caused by a member of a civ attacking another member of the same civ for whatever reason. Apparently they aren't removed properly so people around them attack them but are also labeled enemies because the original offender is still part of the civ. Just wait it out and remove everyone from the military. If you have enough food, everyone outside a small group of dwarves will be killed off, ending it for now. You'll probably never be able to get immigrants again though, as your remaining dwarves will likely attack them because they're still enemies from the loyalty cascade.

Basically, you're screwed, so unless you want to play an enforced hermit mode and have no friends, you should just start over.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military in revolt?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:27:31 am »

Or become the homeland of the new TRUE Dwarven civilization!!! Death to all heathens!!!!
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."