Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2H Sword, Great Axe, Maul, Halberd.  (Read 3039 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
2H Sword, Great Axe, Maul, Halberd.
« on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:53 am »

My dwarves seem never to choose these as part of thier uniform when set to individual choice (they have used everything else though). Looking at thier size, they are all 900 and above. The largest weapon they do chose (battle axe) has size 800. Can dwarves use these weapons in 30.12 or am i better off chucking them in weapon traps?
This is a blank sig.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2H Sword, Great Axe, Maul, Halberd.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:53:02 am »

I'm quite sure you can give it to them by selecting a specific weapon at the squad equip screen.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:32:44 am »

I don't think your dwarves can use them. The weapons are too large for them. The longsword is not as big at the 2 handed one, and the dwarves can only use longswords with two hands. 2 handed is referenced to humans, which are bigger than dwarves. If a human needs two hands for a weapon, a dwarf could easily need four.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:34:59 am by NewsMuffin »

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:56:29 pm »

I have used a 2H in the arena with no problem! But I guess I might have been wrong anyways.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 02:25:12 pm »

I have used a 2H in the arena with no problem! But I guess I might have been wrong anyways.

In Neverwinter Nights, Dwarves were considered the same "size" as humans and could use greatswords and greataxes, just like humans. They simply appeared a bit shorted and wider when created. I suppose the dwarves in DF are more like gnomes than dwarves.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:41 am »

so seeing as i specify a shield as part of a soldiers gear, they wont use a multigrasp weapon? will have to try specifically giving a big weapon sans shield to see if it gets picked up... and then try adding a shield.
This is a blank sig.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:55:37 am »

Wait... You were trying to use a 2H weapon and a shield? Then again... This isn't real life and I am no expert with the military there.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 01:48:35 am »

well, not so much "trying" as assuming if they wanted a big shiny great axe, they may forgoe the shield without my input...
This is a blank sig.