Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Masons need Stone Hauling?  (Read 413 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do Masons need Stone Hauling?
« on: September 05, 2010, 01:45:01 am »

Can masons still do their job if they don't have the stone-hauling labor?  I have a mason who I've decided to also train up as a miner (need a new batch of miners after an accident), but I still want him to be a functional mason.  I want to get rid of his stone-hauling so that he doesn't take forever to mine through a vein of ore.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Masons need Stone Hauling?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:49:54 am »

No, in the same way farmers don't require food hauling or carpenters don't need wood hauling - these labors deal with moving stuff to their related stockpiles only.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Do Masons need Stone Hauling?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 01:51:10 am »

no trades require the hauling of raw materials for them to go get the needed stuff (they go get it anyway)... e.g. masons and stone, or carpenters and wood.

material hauling is only needed for chumps you want to cart the stuff into stockpiles. so this applies if you want the workshop emptied - so its a good idea to leave furniture hauling on for masons if you do not want the workshop to end up *clt*
This is a blank sig.