Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cage trap are awesome but....  (Read 1807 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cage trap are awesome but....
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 01:37:12 am »

If they have made a bunch of masterwork items, it upsets them less. Try having them make more cages. Also it sounds scary but double check their actual happiness level, it may not be all that low.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 01:49:02 am »

It was at zero until she had bitched at the mayor for a while, who - despite having crappy consolation/whatever, apparently patted her hand and said "there there" just enough to help her get on with her life, minus one lovely cage.  All's well :)

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 01:25:14 pm »

Actually, anything in a magma safe cage will survive being dumped into magma (unless its the magma sea). The way a creature dies from having its non-magma safe cage dumped into magma is that first the cage burns up, then its contents are released. Then whatever is in it either burns up or drowns.

I put building destroyers into my trap corridor, and release them.

Non building destroyers I usually dispose of in a drowning chamber.

Linking up all those cages to a lever is a bother, but it is a good way to level up mechanics. A peasant who has been set to "mechanic" labor can end up leveling up quite well, running around doing the linking. Leaving my highly skilled mechanics to work in the mechanic shop making new high level mechanisms for sale or use in weapon traps.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!
Pages: 1 [2]