Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaims, can they be brought to work right?  (Read 469 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Reclaims, can they be brought to work right?
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »

What the title says realy, can reclaims be made to work without causing some crippling defect to the game?

My current fortress has some dwarves modded to, amongst other things, get angrier a lot quicker. Bad idea; the whole thing went to hell after losing like 4 dwarves. It just made gameplay tedious.

So the idea I had was to just kill off the fortress, mod out the powderkeg angryness, and reclaim for a fresh corpse littered site.

So far I found a utility that removes the task tag from all items, solving the unusuable reclaim item problem, but there is still the plant growth and cave mud thing. Reclaiming seems to remove any and all contaminents, including the cavern mud. I would be willing to settle for having to re-muddfy the whole thing but it seems reclaims can also complete break plant growth, which a recent reclaim fortress of mine demonstrated. Nothing grows back, even after remuddying the caverns. Cant even piss of elves anymore.

Does anyone know a way to get around that last bug?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaims, can they be brought to work right?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »

As far as I know, that bug has been in the game since 40d.

You could try regen'ing the world using the original seed.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod