Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jewlers won't cut gems  (Read 796 times)

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Jewlers won't cut gems
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:27:00 pm »

I have a metalworker who's about to go insane, and so am I.

I have three jewlers, all have all jobs except jewling turned off. I have "cut" jobs lined up in the jewlers workshop. They refuse to cut gems. They want to harvest plants instead, even tho I have farming and all collection jobs turned off. If there are no plants to harvest theY tell me "no job".

What do I do?

::EDIT::

Aaaaand they go to work. Nevermind.

I'll be over here. Gluing back the tufts of hair I've been pulling out.

::edit again::

Aarrrrgh! My metalworker won't grab any materials. He's sketching pictures of cut gems and ore mines. I have tons of cut gems but he won't take them. I have lots of ore but he won't grab any.

Requirements for moody dwarves needs to be a little less opaque. I'm gonna loose a damn good metalsmith.

[ November 17, 2006: Message edited by: Fleeb ]

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jewlers won't cut gems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:19:00 pm »

Same here except it was my best craftsdwarf in a glass blower's shop.  He sketched pictures of rough gems.  I had 5 different kinds of rough gems not cut, but he wouldn't take one.  All he asked for was rough gems too...  Wish he'd draw me which one he wanted...
''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:10:00 pm »

Raw glass also falls under the "gems" category.    That might account for why your metalsmith is being stubborn.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:00 pm »

I've seen the rough gems request when I had multiples of every gem type (and glass) but the colored diamonds/star gems.  I never found any, and the dwarf flipped out.