Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McTidy cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible  (Read 608 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McTidy cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »

I keep getting this message, and it puzzles me.  What area needs to be accessible in order for dwarves to successfully clean themselves?  I have soap, and I just completed a fresh-water cistern.  Is there something I'm missing?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

EspritFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McTidy cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:31:25 pm »

Soap is currently bugged, as far as I know. Restrict access to every piece of soap and the message should stop appearing.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »

What about soap needed to clean my wounded?  Will dwarves still attempt to use hospital soap?

Also I got this message when a bunch of my soldiers went off-duty, presumably having gotten covered in filth during their patrols.

Do dwarves actually clean themselves?  If they do, can they do it without soap?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:38:15 pm by Hans Lemurson »
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:00 pm »

Yeah, they can clean themselves without soap just fine.  If you want to make sure it'll still be used in the hospital, just make sure to un-forbid soap after everyone's done bathing.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:15 pm »

Forbid all soap that is not stored in your hospital.  The message spam will stop, and the soap in your hospital will still be usable.  They'll clean themselves at the well without needing to use soap.

Note:  soap stored in your hospital means soap stored within chests/coffers/boxes built in your hospital zone, not a soap bar stockpile located in the hospital.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.