Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphic packs.  (Read 630 times)

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphic packs.
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:25:25 pm »

Alright so, I haven't touched DF for a looooong time, since after my PC died, and I've had this laptop which I am unsure is able to handle DF.

What with the new updates and all, could someone point me to the most recent with a graphic pack? With the ASCII, my eyes start to hurt within the hour, and its confusing for me to spot out some things.

Also, apologies if this is the inappropriate place to ask, I couldn't find anywhere else.
Wiki is wrong, the Demon has no body part with the [FLIER] tag. He is borne aloft by the winds of his furious rage.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic packs.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:30:49 pm »

What do you mean by "the most recent with a graphics pack"? Do you mean the pack itself? Or a packaged version of DF? Well, actually that doesn't matter all that much since there's a lot of overlap these days. Phoebus' and Ironhand's are two of the most popular at the moment, but Captain Mayday still updates his stuff if you're interested in that.

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:32:32 pm »

Well, what I was aiming at was, a graphical pack that is up to date with the current version of DF. I hear that sometimes the creators are a step or two behind the version with their packs. But thank you for the links, I appreciate it :)
Wiki is wrong, the Demon has no body part with the [FLIER] tag. He is borne aloft by the winds of his furious rage.

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:39 pm »

Alright, now it seems Vista won't let me extract the file.

Can anyone help?

(I grabbed Ironhands)

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:22:11 pm »

To unpack the files download a program called Winrar, which you can get from www.rarlab.com.  When you've installed this, double click on the file you downloaded from Ironhand's thread and you will be able to extract it wherever you like.
Diggy diggy hole.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:24:07 pm »

Dunno about Phoebus, but Ironhand's is completely up to date. And it's going to have an awesome update when the next DF update comes. :)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:27 pm »

Yeah, Phoebus updates too.

He actually updates a little faster than I do after releases,
but I'm actually updating my graphics. He's pretty much done.