Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water giving problem  (Read 594 times)

FlamingKittenMittin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water giving problem
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

Can some one tell me why my dwarves insist to use the most southern part of the steam to get water insted of the well I have. Is it they enjoy walking through the packs of elephants and warthogs? Or are they just stupid?
00% synthetic kitten leather
Mark Twain-

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Water giving problem
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:06:00 am »

Thats a GOOD question. normally they seem to be pretty good about going to a spot near the gate, but on some maps they want to go really far away   :mad:

I suspect it has something to do with the way the river bends, i.e. they try for the rightmost part of the river or somesuch but I don't know for sure.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:46:00 am »

They go to the nearest source of natural water.  It doesn't care about all the walls and walking in the way, they just look left and right for the closest walkable point in either river and they go there with their bucket.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 10:33:00 am »

They always use the river when filling buckets, never the well.  Also, if there's already four dwarves using the well, they'll find another place.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA