Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: goblinite  (Read 2441 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: goblinite
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 08:26:12 pm »

Well, yeah, you could do that. You might get errors when the game tries to make joints in the nonexistent legs, but I don't think that'll cause many problems.

Yea i got a game crash, from trying to do it. ugh, trying to modify the joints now

you may have gotten the crash from creating an new entry. [BODY:DWARF]
Just editing Body Humanoid may work, though all creatures that use Body Humanoid will suffer the effects. which is way too indiscriminate for my tastes. I was thinking more along the lines of 3:

Sort of. What I'm saying is that you could edit dwarfs to use seperate ARMS, LEGS, HEAD etc tags instead of the HUMANOID one (which includes everything). Then you could remove anything you wanted. But you would have to create new bodyparts to do that (or at least new joints).

Is there no way to do this now without adding to the bodypart raws?

EDIT: If you are already using the Genesis Mod, there are bodies already created that don't have arms, or legs, depending, just check the snake-men for legless (dont' knwo where the armless one comes from, but humanoid_armless_small is in there). I think you're on your own for headless, but I could be wrong, this IS the genesis mod, after all... dont' ithillids have a flying brain creature caste?

EDITx2 easier than I thought. There's  [BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS] and [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS] already in the vanilla game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:39:20 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

so i should change the body:humanoid in

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRA

IN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREASTS]

to [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »

Well, as I say, there are "remove tag" tokens, but I don't know how well they work outside of use on templates and such.

It's certainly possible to get the end result by turning dwarfs into amorphous blobs and removing everything referencing their old bodies, then putting it all back again once after running the game, but that's a lot of effort for relatively little gain.

Also, ninja'd, yep, that might work.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 08:41:36 pm »

i just tried changing my dwarf bodies to the snakeman ones and it crashed again.  i think theres something else that has to be changed aside from the body:humanoid and joints tags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:40 pm »

Are you getting anything from errorlog.txt? It probably has something to do with tissues or tissue layers.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »

did you remove all your changes to the body_default raws? Because like I said, adding any entries there would be crashworthy. (actually, adding any creatures, itemtypes, or anything to the raws is a no-go. Editing already existent ones only)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 09:05:15 pm »

did you remove all your changes to the body_default raws? Because like I said, adding any entries there would be crashworthy. (actually, adding any creatures, itemtypes, or anything to the raws is a no-go. Editing already existent ones only)

yea i did remove all my changes by replacing the objects folder with my backup gona check error log really fast

well the error log has lots of things on it but i think most of it says something about not being able to find the proper body parts for certain attacks like punch and kick, and not being able to connect guts and something

edit

i tried again and removed something small like their toes from creature_genesis.txt and that gives me an instant crash. when i put the toes back the game doesnt crash
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:29:41 pm by meowmix »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »

weird. I thought you were still able to remove/re-add body parts in 2010. Unless someone knows something we don't, then apparently I was much mistaken. Sorry to put you through the testing.
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 01:21:45 am »

anyway as far as the original question goes, for the genesis mod where in the entity_default.txt should i add the metal pref tag?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

What's up with all the HUMANOID removal talk here? Back in 40d ANY body change healed them completely. Is it not working now? Back then I've added a tail to them which caused no job cancellation and healed them. Then I just removed the tail.

anyway as far as the original question goes, for the genesis mod where in the entity_default.txt should i add the metal pref tag?

Add [METAL_PREF] to [ENTITY:EVIL] in entity_default.txt. There's [STONE_PREF] there so you can find where to add it easily.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 03:32:24 am »

What's up with all the HUMANOID removal talk here? Back in 40d ANY body change healed them completely. Is it not working now? Back then I've added a tail to them which caused no job cancellation and healed them. Then I just removed the tail.

Really? back in 40d, I was taught to remove the specific bodypart. I did not know spontaneous tail growth would have sufficed.
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 03:39:27 am »

Add [METAL_PREF] to [ENTITY:EVIL] in entity_default.txt. There's [STONE_PREF] there so you can find where to add it easily.

I am not really sure if im doing it right because i crash if i remove or change anything in the RAWS under creature_gensis.txt in the Dwarf category

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREASTS]

so lets say if i removed the 5TOES, then the game crashes. or if i change BODY:HUMANOID to BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS i crash also.

also im using the genesis mod

it would be nice if somebody else could test this cause this is really the first time ive messed with the RAWS files

EDIT.
i was able to add a tail and the game did not crash so i had

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREAST:TAIL]

But that did not seem to heal the nerve damage. 

Then i tried removing teeth and that made me crash instantly. so im pretty sure i can add things in but i cant remove anything, so im not really sure what do here.

EDITx2 easier than I thought. There's  [BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS] and [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS] already in the vanilla game.

Except replacing [BODY:HUMANOID] with either of the above causes my game to crash instantly. i can change BODY:HUMANOID TO BODY:HUMANOID_HOOF or something like that, anything that does not remove existing limbs or w/e does not crash my game, neither does adding things like [WAGON] or [SIX_TENTACLE], but trying to give my dwarves more limbs by adding in [INSECT] can get me past the load screen but crashes when i unpause the game.

None of this actually heals my nerve damage though
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:36:54 am by meowmix »
Pages: 1 2 [3]