Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Webcomic Artist Wanted  (Read 1389 times)

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
Webcomic Artist Wanted
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

A couple of friends and I have come up with the concept for a webcomic, and we have a few scripts ready in advance. Unfortunately, none of us can draw.
I can't divulge too much about the comic, due to this forums rules regarding erotica, but the artist we have to be comfortable with all sexualities, deviant sexual activity and anthropomorphic animals.
We're basically looking for a very open minded person who happens to be able to draw.
You don't need to be an expert, as a crappy artist is better than none. If you'd like to hear more about the concept, I can PM you the details. Be warned, this comic will contain adult content.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic Artist Wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:31:22 am »

So, not really applying, how much art is this going to have? Like, the usual range of Internet erotica where most of the space is devoted to exaggerated anatomy, or something like... hm... Boris Valejo (but simpler, of course, and in the comic format)? Because I'm an open-minded person, but I wouldn't like to draw penises every day...

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 06:56:08 am »

It's not gonna be straight-up erotica. More like a slice-of-life comic that happens to have heavy adult themes.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:12:50 am »

Uh, nothing broken nothing gained. I feel interested, although you might not feel interested in my style (even if your quality requirements aren't high) which you can check out at my Photobucket. Well, black and white and physical, so going back to a previous version without redoing the whole thing is kind of hard.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:53:56 pm »

I winced. I can feel the flames building up around the edges already. You're better off asking for someone on FA, SF or similar, not a forum open to minors, regardless of whether you've posted content/discussion or not. That said,

It's unlikely you'll get anyone interested in working on a comic for very long unless it's a very, very good and well-laid out story. Anyone with the artistic skill and dedication needed is going to want to do their own stuff, or to have input on the story itself. Provided the latter, I'll bite, at least enough to want to see the outline :P
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 12:04:16 pm »

Right, thanks for the recommendations of more appropriate places to advertise my need.