Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forgotten beasts and me  (Read 1440 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beasts and me
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 01:09:52 pm »

Oh yeah I did once have a pretty vicious thing that came with a goblin invasion. It was a demon rather than an FB though. A goat brute, turned out a lot more dangerous than it sounded. Masterfull clownite wielded by a legendary couldnt get anything but its hands past yellow. After the rest of the siege was killed out fleeing, I swarmed it with about a dozen dwarves, and more than half of them were crippled before someone finaly got lucky and crammed a clownite spear in its brain.

Its corpse now decorates my entrance.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beasts and me
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

On the flip side of things, watch for the dust beasts. Some FBs with dust are fairly mild, but many of them have attacks that straight out kills any dwarves that get caught in the blast -- it's usually delayed until a bit after the dwarves get hit by the attack, but trust me it sucks to see half your elite military to keel over dead and know that there is absolutely nothing you could do to keep it from happening. One upside, though, is that these dust beasts are also perfectly capable of killing themselves with their own dust attack. It usually takes more because they're immune to all of the side effects of the dust, but the sheer force of the attack is the prime killer anyways usually. My last dust beast used it's dust attack on a kitten I threw at it and proceeded to break it's spine on a wall, dying shortly afterward.

In short: if it doesn't have dust, apply axes. If it has dust, apply kittens.
Pages: 1 [2]