Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to handle RTD stats  (Read 863 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
How to handle RTD stats
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:33 am »

okay I've played in a couple of RTD's, but I always like GMing better than playing, but one thing always comes up. how to do the stats.

what have other GMers used to handle stats? what's the best way? I use a level up format for the one's I've done in the past (most dead now. only one that doesn't use stats has just been resurected.)

I really want to come up with an efficient and fun way to do this, to make it enjoyable and fair for the players and make it easy on GMers who like to do this kind of thing.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: How to handle RTD stats
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:36:49 am »

There was a program around here that kept your statuses semi-automatically. Search for Cinnamon Rolls.

Other than that, keep your statuses as simple as possible.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »

Take up a combination of long distance running, fasting, and forced insomnia.

After the third day the hallucinations should set in, use those to base your RTD rules off of.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »

You might want to be more explicit. "How do you do stats" is an incredibly vague and open-ended question.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:13:06 pm »

actually I think I've come up with a good idea.

istead of the standard d6, I'll use a d12 with the numbers still cooresponding to the numbers on a d6. that way, +1's and -1's will somtimes help and sometimes be useless, making +1 a much better reward for a level up.
What do you think? Yes? No?