Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 168 screens of blood splatter before clean self--- 168 screens of blood after!  (Read 1130 times)

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No wonder my poor dwarves walk around naked, no matter how much clothes I make them! They are covered in literally hundreds of screens of blood splatter. They are weighed down in in hundreds and hundreds of entities blood... and washing doesn't always change that. Sometimes, they just get an extra covering of water!

Wow. 168 screens of splatter! What's the limit? Could the game crash from trackng too darned much of this blood smears and other things?
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

This seems less like something that belongs in suggestions than it does like something that belongs in bug reports...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile

If I'm correct dwarfs don't pick up clothing to prevent to much clutter from dwarfs dropping clothing.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The issue is, they are running around NAKED. Well, the older ones. The new ones come in, all clean and with their clothes. But over time, they drop off their really worn items, and never replace them. Not with goblin loot, nor with fortress made clothes. Heck, they won't wear clothes I buy from the traders!

It is the weirdest thing. That's why I noticed all the blood covering them--- trying to figure out why my older dwarves are running around naked, and not claiming any of the unclaimed clothing around them.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.

I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the clothing "large", or "narrow"? If it has any modifiers like that, then it doesn't fit dwarves.

Cleaning is definitely bugged at the moment though, to the point where it's probably best not bother with it at all.