Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Idea - Crime and Theft // Inproduction // Insperation - The Clue/The Sting  (Read 1007 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I don't know why but I had been desiring to play The Clue again, for those that don't know what The Clue is, here is one.
The Clue is a game about a man who arrives in London to make his mark in the world of crime, to a point, he is spos to be a very skilled burglar and you take control of his life and deeds, you need to buy the tools for the job, cars for the getaways, find your accomplices then after staking out the site, you need to plan your act and such...

The way the game does this via a top down map of the site, where each member of your group needs to be moved seperatly, set to a path and actions which then can be saved before moving onto the next member, when they are moving so are all the others that have been set before hand. So say you need to get through a door which is locked, take out the security guard behind it and then unlock another door. You use the guy who has the Lockpicking skill to open the door and then continue him towards the next door ignoring the Security guard (who has a set movement pattern and is played along with all your actions). After setting the Lockpicker's actions you can then change to your fighter guy who then can move, wait for the first door to be unlocked, have him dash over to the security guard and KO him while the lockpick guy is working on the second door. All this is done at the same time, so working out the patterns so no one overlaps and walks into one another is important. Nearly everything can be sold for coin, from a Sock filled with cash to a Chicken dinner, you need to fence it off to someone in the city page and work out who will pay the most for it...

The Sting is a 3D version of it, new story and people and feels a bit more clunky then The Clue but hey it was a sequel of an awesome game and genre that isn't done anymore...

The IDEA for the game itself here in the forums is pretty much taking that whole idea, giving people the abilities and the coin to buy their tools, showing them a map and then asking them to plan their actions and how they move through the map to grab their goods...

I expect it would be a good game to challenge everyone to work together, cause any plans that over lap WILL cause problems...

Any thoughts on this??? I will make another thread when it comes time to play and use this one as a discussion...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...